Sunday, February 14, 2010

Audible

Because I have so much commuting time working in Japan, I quickly suck up the three podcasts that I subscribe to before the week is over (this WEEK in TECH, MacBreak Weekly and Luxology's modcast). So after hearing Leo Laporte advertise it on every show, I decided to give Audible a try last year with TWIT's two-credit promotional trial membership. My two book choices were Under the Dome by Stephen King and The Road by Cormac McCarthy.

It took me two months, but I just finished Under the Dome which is a whopping 34½ hours long (unabridged). Maximum value for the credit! I highly recommend this if you like the Lost/Twilight Zone type of science fiction. I would love to see a movie or miniseries about this.

I'm going to start listening to The Road this week which is a much more digestable 6½ hours in length. I picked that book simply because I'm a fan of the film, No Country for Old Men which was based on McCarthy's earlier novel. The Road did win a Pulitzer prize for Fiction which is nothing to sneeze at also. ;)

I did cancel my Platinum membership before the trial ended but it was mainly because I thought Under the Dome would take me all year to finish and I didn't want my credits to start piling up. I might try a Gold plan at a later time though.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marcos said...

I noticed Under the Dome is listed in the Steve Jobs iPad keynote. Nice pic on getting the most bang for the buck book title.

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home