Monday, March 15, 2010

They Live - Half-Life 2 Comparisons

The "bubble gum" reference in John Carpenter's They Live to the PC game Duke Nukem 3D was clear but it wasn't until Mark pointed out, and I watched They Live again, that I saw the connection to Half-Life 2. Nice catch!

A truly underrated movie. As Mark mentioned, the online comments are hilarious.
"It is more truth behind this movie than people can imagine."

"Totally awesome movie, I advise anyone to watch. Replace the culprits with bankers and you have our world of today."

3 Comments:

Blogger Marcos said...

Nice screenshot comparisons! I couldn't help but think of Half Life 2 when cops where beating down the blind preacher.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Marcos said...

Oh and thanks for fulfilling our blog quota for the day!

5:15 PM  
Blogger Jacob.Pederson said...

I just saw "they live" for the first time, and immediately thought Half-Life. Thanks!

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home