Thursday, November 16, 2006

PlayStation 3 Madness

I considered waiting in line to buy a PS3 and then turn around and sell it for a hefty profit but after watching this video and learning about the strict eBay rules for selling a console, I decided against it. I have to admit though, the high prices people are bidding makes it rather tempting. The madness begins tonight at midnight for some stores, while other shops are opening at their normal times to greet the rabid fans and fellow speculators.

Some of the eBay postings are rather comical. Check out this one from a guy who's offering "A copy of "Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby" Blu-Ray disc. This movie isn't in stores until December, but with PS3 pre-order, you will have before everybody else can buy it!" A free copy of Ricky Bobby?!! Where do I sign up!!!?

2 Comments:

Blogger kruddler said...

PS3? Hmmm, never heard of it... Is it one of those new concept cars from BMW or Lexus? Or a high tech fridge from LG?

Anybody see the news today? Shootings, fights, lines a few blocks long at a store that only had 4 models to sell, one on ebay
for only 40k...

Like I tm'd David yesterday, yes, I'm in line... Oh wait, I was drawing a line.

And then I saw G4 and Xplay had only one 5star game for the system, the rest were not worth buying! Oh yeah, first in line baby!

8:36 PM  
Blogger Robert said...

Nice links Mark.

I noticed that people were camping out at my local West L.A. Best Buy Wednesday morning and by Thursday, it looked liked a homeless shelter with tents propped up everywhere. Friday morning two managers were shaking their heads at all the trash left over as a L.A.P.D. wagon was parked in the lot.

I think the winning name of this fake e-bay bidder says it all: ihategreedypeople3!

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home