Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Cloverfield Monster Toy

I never mentioned it before, but a few days after watching Cloverfield, I placed an order for one of Hasbro's limited collector's edition Cloverfield monster toys. Although it wouldn't be shipping until October, the only question I had at the time was what it would look like. Due to the secrecy of the movie, Hasbro had delayed placing any images of it online until yesterday.

I normally try not to buy anything unless I really need it but my reasoning was this: popular movie + limited edition = profit on eBay if the toy itself didn't look awesome on my bookshelf case. The features seemed pretty cool like 70 points of articulation, authentic sound, 10 parasites and a Statue of Liberty head accessory.

Well after seeing it today I'm starting to change my mind. It's really rather ugly. I was thinking it would be more scary/cool and not so pale/spindly. What do you guys think? I'm down $118 after shipping and handling if I don't cancel my order before it ships.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marcos said...

I would keep it, t actually looks pretty cool. I thought it appeared darker as well as thicker (not so skinny) in the film. Perhaps it got fat because of all the feasting on New Yorkers?

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home