Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's!

Nothing says "I love you" more than the gift of additional RAM.

What I never noticed until now is that Dave and I share most of the same specs on our machines even though he has a MacBook Pro that was purchased several months ago. Same processor and speed, same desktop resolution, and now the same amount of memory- although I'm sure he didn't have to chuck a GB of perfectly good Hynix RAM that came with his machine.

I'll see if I can Craig's list the OEM memory but prices have dropped even further since the last time I checked. 4 GB's at Crucial only cost me $113.99 this week. Interestingly, Apple's online store charges an additional $850 for the same amount of RAM configured with a new iMac. Ouch!

2 Comments:

Blogger kruddler said...

Did you install the ram yourself? I haven't actually tried to open my IMac, but if you did, where/how did you do it? I was thinking of taking mine in for more ram sometime soon.

4:54 PM  
Blogger Robert said...

Krudd, although Apple recommends you take it to an authorized service dealer, it's incredibly easy to install the RAM yourself. I just had to review the online PDF manual. I would say it took me three minutes tops.

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home