Saturday, August 29, 2009

Snow in Southern California

No snow yet (although Kruddler may already have a copy). It turns out although I pre-ordered Snow Leopard using Apple's Up-To-Date program, they didn't ship it until yesterday (the first day of general availability) and then only using snail mail. According to the Order Status website I won't get it until Wednesday, Sept 2nd.

This is in contrast to people who pre-ordered the regular upgrade DVD in which Apple sent it FedEx next day so it arrived at their home exactly on August 28th.

I'm not terribly too concerned about how soon I get SL because I'm still getting used to 10.5 and need to document various features for work (binding to Active Directory, connecting to 802.1x corporate WLAN using PEAP, ect...) however this is a good reminder for future purchases that its probably best to wait until Apple ships a new software product before you buy new hardware.

On a related note, I loved using Leopard so much (Stacks!) that I ended up ordering the Mac Box Set for my G5. I bet someone in Apple is wondering who the heck is this guy, ordering a new MacBook Pro and a long in tooth operating system days before 10.6 is released. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home