Friday, September 25, 2009

Paranormal Review

Don't worry, no spoilers here so I'll be brief. It's a truly scary movie, just don't be expecting any expensive CGI shots or exotic locations. Watch it at night in a movie theater with a good sound system and don't read any reviews or comments. Go in as cold as you can and you will enjoy it. It's the type of horror movie Rob and I have always wanted to make.

The only flaw of the film was the last 10 seconds which I'm pretty sure is the alternative ending that was hinted at before. It's unfortunate because the supposed original ending seems 100x better (I was going to link to this but decided not to for fear of spoiling the movie for those who have not seen it). Hopefully Paramount will include it in the DVD release. According to this LA Times article we can thank Steven Speilberg for the new "Hollywood" ending.

Since the ArcLight is so close to the Technicolor USA headquarters, I went to work there for the day and periodically walked over to the theater to see if a line was forming. Starting at 4:00 pm a group of 6 people were sitting down in line so I called Angie to start driving, went back to work, gathered my laptop and went back to wait in line. When I got back there 3 more people were in line. By the time Angie, Mando and Boo Boo came the line got a bit deeper, but still seemed reasonable. It wasn't until around 8:00 pm that the line started to get long. By 10:00 pm it wrapped around the block (see if you can spot us in the picture). We also saw Chinese actress Bai Ling walk in the theater for her movie A Beautiful Life that was also screening in the ArcLight.

It turns out that over 4,500 people showed up. When they finally let us in, they ushered us to a theater with most of the seats blocked off for what appeared to be Paramount employees, guests and other VIP's so we had to sit near the front. I commented to Angie that I didn't know how the hundreds of people behind us would get a seat but it turns out Paramount added more screens to accommodate them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

Great story and a nice photo of yourselves from Bloody-Disgusting.com!

I'm afraid I won't get the chance to see it on the big screen so I might have to settle for DVD or iTunes. I'll promise to keep the lights off when I do.

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home