Friday, January 08, 2010

The Witch

I ended up buying Left 4 Dead 2 during BestBuy's Black Friday sale, however I didn't actually play it until the other week when Krudd and I did a late night Christmas vacation session.

The game came with a 48-hour trial of Xbox Live so I took advantage of that. It ended up being so fun that I finally sprung for the full 12-month version on Amazon. It was on sale for $35 plus I had a $30 gift card which brought my total to a whopping 5 bucks (with free shipping!). The only bummer is that it's currently sold out and won't ship until Jan 11th.

The game itself is a blast and is even more fun playing with the Kruddler. My favorite character by far is a zombie simply called "the witch". You don't actually see her at first but rather hear a creepy woman crying. Eventually you encounter her covering her eyes with her long demon like fingers and the goal is to get by her without disturbing her. If you do end up getting her attention then all hell breaks lose and she runs after you trying to kill you and she often does.

The other day I was playing the game by myself when she was spawned (she appears randomly in the game) right in a stairwell that we had no choice but to walk right next to her in order to progress in the level. Well unless you play co-op you have to play with AI characters "helping" you and one of the characters did something dumb and walked right into her. Of course the witch did some major damage and I just stood there laughing.

Anyways I'll be sure to give Krudd a call when I get my Live Gold card next week. I can't wait to play again.

2 Comments:

Blogger kruddler said...

Booyah!

Ok, all nighters are gonna be happening so I'll need to stock up on chips dip salsa and coke!

And dont you just love the witch's moaning then… well I could spoil it for all, but I won't! I love the random spawn!

12:57 PM  
Blogger Robert said...

I was too curious to hear the cries of the witch so I had to watch some YouTube videos. Hilarious! The witch sure is fast!

1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home