Monday, January 04, 2010

HDTV 2010

It's been a while since I posted my HDTV SuperBlog and there have been several new technologies introduced on consumer sets since I purchased mine, primarily the use of LED backlights and higher refresh rates.

Since Dave's about ready to make his first purchase I was about to do some heavy research when I remembered that CNET had some excellent information during the last round. I checked again and sure enough, they didn't disappoint.





It seems like the consensus is that these "newer" features are nice but don't pay a premium for them. Use the savings to get a Blu-ray player or HDMI receiver for crystal clear surround sound. For what it's worth my set is using the "older" CCFL backlight and a 60Hz refresh rate and I think it's perfectly fine.

1 Comments:

Blogger kruddler said...

I need a new Samsung LED LCD. That's right, need!

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home