Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Earthquake

Ok, 4.4 is actually small and thus morning didn't last very long. However, living near the epicenter makes it feel much larger than it was. First I heard it, a rumble, which is what woke me as I'm a light sleeper. Then it started shaking till it felt stron but tappered off a bit, but as it did, wham!, it hit nice and hard in the second half of the tremor with a nice jolt, which then died off.

Now even though I didn't get out of bed or throw of my covers, I did prop myself up to listen if I could hear cracking wood and such which would help me determine if I should get under my desk. As I heard no such sounds other than the quake sound, I opted to stay in bed. I heard others in the main part of the house wake up but decided I'd try to sleep 15 more minutes as it was almost time to get up anyway.

I got up 10 min later and wanted coffee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home