Sunday, March 21, 2010

HP Reborn

My sister Angie asked me if I could fix her computer (Rob's old HP Workstation). It was infected with some spyware that I couldn't completely get rid of when I briefly looked at a few months ago, so I took it home to perform a clean install (which is really the only sure fire way to get rid of malware).

As I was cleaning the inside I noticed that the original restore CD was literally flopping around inside the case. I have no idea how it got there. I remember cleaning the system out when I picked it up from Rob's apartment but I don't think it fell in. Perhaps Melody stuck it inside the case in-between the false bezel thinking that is was where the discs go.

Anyways I'm still impressed on how well built the HP is. No tools needed to open the case and there is plenty of room to work inside. The DVD burner no longer ejects so I need to replace that but I should be able to find a fairly cheap one online or from work.

Angie loves the large widescreen LCD as its perfect for watching movies in bed. I thought Rob would be happy to know his old 3D work horse is still performing strong.

1 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

I was wondering if it was still being used. Good to know. I paid $874 for the computer but $1,699 for the 23" monitor in 2004. Now you can buy a HP 24" (same resolution but better specs) for $569!

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home