Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Rated M

I can handle M ratings in games I still have control over, volume control. As much as I like L4D 1&2, COD MW 1&2, GOW 1&2 etc., I'm not a real big fan of the profanity. But of course sometimes there is a filter though they don't always work as you'd like them to. But all in all I still have control of the volume control and can ultimately mute or set a very low volume and not hear it.

Which brings me to God of War. I always wanted to try that game, but never did. I also missed the sequel. Now God of War 3 is out and I saw a preview and thought I should try and get this game because I do like the visuals. But of course there was the M rating which I didn't really think much about until I went on gametrailers.com. The trailer had the description of nudity in it. This is a game I can't get even though I have other M rated games. I can't control the nudity like I can the volume, which is really annoying because this game always gets such good reviews as far as gameplay graphics and sound go.

I understand wanting to be more like a movie, L4D does a great job in that. But do they really need to go so far as to have nudity? Here's a game I want to play but can't because they took it too far for me and so I'll never get to try it. No they won't miss any money by me not getting it, but it's still a shame to ruin it for people like me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marcos said...

I remember us playing with the profanity filter on Gears 1 and it didn't seem to do anything so I left it on with Gears 2. Fortunatly it wasn't as bad as the first one with the blue language and it was only in appropiate spots.

If you ever change your mind about GoW3 (I always confuse that acronym with Gears of War) let me know because the graphics look great. I think its a PS3 exclusive so I would have to go to your house to see it.

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home